Friday, January 23, 2009

Our President

Okay, the historic election is now come and gone. I'm glad to say I was alive in order to witness history and I pray this can be the beginning to the end of racism as we know it. But, I'm not very optimistic. Was President Obama elected because he was most qualified? Was he elected because he was black? Was he elected because he was different than all the others?

I've seen so many african americans beaming with pride, and I've felt a little of it myself. Only in this country can we go from where we were, to where we are now, in such a relatively short amount of time.

He's my President and he has all my support. These are tough times we're in, and I hope he makes very wise decisions. It's going to effect all of us. Remember, he's not a "black" President, he's "The" President! Let's make sure he gets the support that his predecessor didn't get.

http://www.linkbrander.com/go/72208
http://www.earth4energy.blinkweb.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice thoughts I too think we are expecting some super hero thing from him.

    ReplyDelete